It has been a while. However, I don’t want to waste your time with apologies and promises that this won’t happen again, because I have more important news to share.
This is my second blog post of the night – the first one I just published on my business’s blog here. I’ve been procrastinating in the name of perfection for too long, until it felt like my soul was paralyzed and no words could flow from it.
In another post, I will go into more detail on what finally fired up my soul’s neurons. Now, we attend to the business of goals and plans for April. If you have been following me for a while, or have been brave enough to venture into the depths of the archives of this blog, then you know that once upon a time, I used to post my goals and plans on here.
I haven’t done that in a while, in the name of a number of things, but what really happened was that I was too chicken to post goals and then not follow through, which is what I’ve been doing for quite a long time now. Since my Bullet Journal has an audience of 1, it has been quite easy to re-adjust and re-assess my goals every few days, which meant that I was in constant planning mode 24/7 – much to the chagrin of my loved ones who would love to see me succeed.
- Blogging A to Z Challenge: this is a fascinating challenge that I tried to attempt two years ago but failed at. I’m going to revisit this year, and I will be posting on this blog – because I’m not yet ready to restrict myself to posts that are alphabetically ordered but only are about translation, social media, and digital businesses.
- Reading: by far my favorite pastime that has consistently stayed with me – to some extent – from my wee years. I’m in a challenge group on Goodreads where they post a set of “tasks” that we must “match” books to, from season to season. I’m already done with 7 or 8 tasks for the March – May challenge, and working on another 10 at the moment. My aim is to hit a total of 30 tasks by the end of the month.
- Writing: thanks to a book I recently listened to, I’ve started getting back into writing, and I’ve established a routine (oh the horror!) of writing everyday, on weekdays. This is a new development that I hope will bring into fruition my first ever completed SFD. I aim to be consistent with this, and also to work out the kinks of the novel – the everlasting Candy Curse, which I started a whopping FIVE years ago (yes, it has really been THAT long!).
- Campaign: some of you who are close to me may know that I attempted to start a podcast earlier in the year, but stopped short because what I had at that time didn’t align completely with my vision for it. Now I have gotten very very clear on what my vision for it is, and I’m planning a campaign prior to starting the podcast, which I will be talking more about later towards the end of April. Stay tuned!
- Business: if you happened to read the blog post linked up above, then you don’t need to read this bit. I’m aiming to focus on three things in my business this month: being more consistent with blog and social media content, planning a virtual summit on translation, and writing emails to my business mailing list, as well as figuring out a solution to all the emails that I send that don’t seem to be reaching the recipients!
I’m really happy to be finally back in the flow of writing, and I cannot wait to see how things go this month 🙂
What about you? What are you planning to do in April? Share with us in the comments below and let us help each other shine!